UPDATE ON TOWNSHIP COVID-19 VACCINATION PRE-REGISTRATION
Due to lack of demand, Covid vaccination pre-registration will no longer take place at the Middletown Senior Center. Vaccine appointments can be made directly through the Monmouth County website as well as the VNACJ appointment portal for individuals age 18 and over.
COVID Vaccine Eligibility Information
Middletown Health Department compiled COVID vaccine information from the New Jersey Department of Health to help residents navigate this process.
Click HERE for eligibility information and ways to get vaccinated.
What is the recommendation for wearing a face covering/mask inside while patronizing a business?
If someone can’t wear a face mask due to medical condition accommodations can be made. Essential businesses that never closed (grocery, pharmacy) cannot refuse entry to someone who has a medical condition and can’t wear mask. They may offer options, such as to provide curbside delivery and limit time spent inside store, but the person must be allowed to enter.
If person doesn’t have medical condition but refuses to wear a mask, essential businesses can refuse entry but must arrange curbside delivery or provide a mask, if available. No one can be asked for medical documentation due to various laws that already existed, so people don’t need to “prove” why they can’t wear a mask.
NJ State Animal Cruelty Laws
The State of New Jersey takes cruelty to animals very seriously. Please CLICK HERE to read documents about what constitutes animal cruelty, what the laws are, and how to identify and prevent animal cruelty and neglect.
If you would like a printed copy of these documents, you may obtain them from the Middletown Township Health Department located at 180 Main Street in Port Monmouth or you can contact Animal Control at 732-615-2097 to have a copy mailed or emailed to you.
Health Department's Responsibilities
The Health Department oversees Public Health Issues, Environmental Concerns, Animal Control, Substance Abuse Services and Social Services. They also administer and enforce local health ordinances. Responsibilities of this department include:
- Operating programs and activities for mosquito and rodent control, and administering dog regulations
- Planning and administering a comprehensive public health program including environmental sanitation, communicable disease control, child and adult health education, laboratory services
- Public recreational bathing, Septic, Well, Kennel/Pet Shop, Retail food establishment inspections
New Jersey American Water will return to using chloramines in water treatment at its Swimming River Water Treatment Plant in Colts Neck and Jumping Brook Water Treatment Plant in Neptune on Tuesday, April 13th. Read on...
New Jersey Department of Health (NJDOH) issued a public health update and posted guidelines for vaccinated people in non-healthcare settings as they apply to visitation, travel, quarantine if identified as a close contact, and gatherings. Read on...
The Middletown Municipal Alliance Presents the "Drugs and Alcohol Among Us" Series
Knowledge is the first step. Click HERE to watch the introductory video to learn more about the opioid epidemic and find out what Middletown Township is doing to help fight it.
- Health Department Newsletter
- Food Handlers License Application
- Individual Subsurface Sewage Disposal Permit Application Middletown Health Department
- Kennel Pet Shop and Shelter License Application Middletown Health Department
- Middletown Health Fall Newsletter 2017
- Pet License Application (PDF)
- Plan Reviw Application Middletown Health Department
- Pool and Spa License Application Middletown Health Department
- Questions & Answers about Adult Mosquito Treatments from County Mosquito Control
- Tattoo and Body Art Modification Renewal Application Middletown Health Department
- Temporary Food Establishment Permit Application Middletown Health Department
- Vending License Application Middletown Health Department
- VPH 28 Exemption from Rabies Vaccination (PDF)