NJ State Animal Cruelty Laws
The State of New Jersey takes cruelty to animals very seriously. Please CLICK HERE to read documents about what constitutes animal cruelty, what the laws are, and how to identify and prevent animal cruelty and neglect.
If you would like a printed copy of these documents, you may obtain them from the Middletown Township Health Department located at 180 Main Street in Port Monmouth or you can contact Animal Control at 732-615-2097 to have a copy mailed or emailed to you.
Health Department's Responsibilities
The Health Department oversees Public Health Issues, Environmental Concerns, Animal Control, Substance Abuse Services and Social Services. They also administer and enforce local health ordinances. Responsibilities of this department include:
- Operating programs and activities for mosquito and rodent control, and administering dog regulations
- Planning and administering a comprehensive public health program including environmental sanitation, communicable disease control, child and adult health education, laboratory services
- Public recreational bathing, Septic, Well, Kennel/Pet Shop, Retail food establishment inspections
Middletown Animal Control responded to a call concerning a dog possibly exposed to a raccoon in the area of Coronet Ave and Regal Place. Lab results received today confirmed that the raccoon was rabid. The dog was current on its Rabies vaccination. Read on...
In an effort to help keep the community informed, here are some directives from the New Jersey Department of Health of what to do next if you test positive for COVID-19. Read on...
The Middletown Municipal Alliance Presents the "Drugs and Alcohol Among Us" Series
Knowledge is the first step. Click HERE to watch the introductory video to learn more about the opioid epidemic and find out what Middletown Township is doing to help fight it.
- Health Department Newsletter
- Health Department License Application Middletown Health Department
- Individual Subsurface Sewage Disposal Permit Application Middletown Health Department
- Kennel Pet Shop and Shelter License Application Middletown Health Department
- Middletown Health Fall Newsletter 2017
- Pet License Application (PDF)
- Plan Reviw Application Middletown Health Department
- Pool and Spa License Application Middletown Health Department
- Questions & Answers about Adult Mosquito Treatments from County Mosquito Control
- Tattoo and Body Art Modification Renewal Application Middletown Health Department
- Temporary Food Establishment Permit Application Middletown Health Department
- Vending License Application Middletown Health Department
- VPH 28 Exemption from Rabies Vaccination (PDF)