- 6:30 p.m.
- 1st Wednesday of every month, apart from July and September. Meetings will be held on July 7th and September 8th.
- Town Hall Main Meeting Room
1 Kings Highway
Middletown, NJ 07748
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Rules for Citizen Input at Regular Meetings
At the time of a hearing on an application, it is at the conclusion of a witness’s testimony, or after the conclusion of the applicant’s testimony that the Chair shall allow the members of the public and any interested parties to ask questions of such witness, and may permit reasonable cross-examination by council representing an objector or interested party. The meeting is also open to the public for items not appearing on the Agenda in the beginning of each meeting.For more information on Board Rules, click HERE.
Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 40:55-D-23, the Planning Board consists of 9 members and 2 alternates appointed by the Mayor and Township Committee.
The members are as follows:
- 1 - Class 1 concurrent with term - Mayor or Mayor’s Designee
- 1 - Class 2 with 1 year term - Official of Township
- 1 - Class 3 with 1 year term - Township Committee Member
- 6 - Class 4 with 4 year term
- Alternates I and II with staggered 2 year terms
Planning Department staff provides the Planning Board with development reviews and administrative support. Department personnel are also available to the public to explain specific applications, as well as oversee engineering and legal support. The records of all applications pending before the Board are located in the Planning Department’s active files.
The Planning Board pursuant to state law is responsible for preparing the Township’s Master Plan; reexamining the master plan and development regulations at least every 6 years; and reviewing site plans and subdivisions.