Elevation Certificates

When an existing home is elevated or there is new construction in a regulated flood zone, an Elevation Certificate (EC) is required to be submitted to the Building Department and Floodplain Manager upon placement of the lowest floor, including the basement and prior to further vertical construction. A completed and signed EC is also required again upon project completion before time of final inspection. This is a condition for the issuing of a CO.

When elevated, homes and utilities in a regulated flood zone in Middletown must be elevated to or above the Local Design Flood Elevation which is the FEMA BFE +1 additional foot of freeboard.

Recent ECs are on file with the Floodplain Manager at the Health Department at 1 Kings Highway.