Middletown Township Partners with Second Chance Toys to Collect Toys for Children in Need
Middletown Township is exciting to be partnering with Second Chance Toys to help enrich the lives of unprivileged children by collecting clean plastic toys at the Middletown Recycling Center (52 Kanes Lane).
Second Chance Toys is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to rescuing and refurbishing plastic toys for donation to local organizations who care for in-need youth in Monmouth County, around New Jersey and across the nation.
There is a designated trailer at the Middletown Recycling Center where residents can bring their gently-used plastic toys. Representatives from Second Chance Toys will periodically pick up the toys, inspect them, perform a cleaning event, then distribute them around the state and country.
Besides helping those in need, donating your plastic toys will also keep these non-biodegradable items out of landfills. This is part of Middletown’s effort to increase recycling awareness and provide residents with an easy way to cut down on waste.
- Toys that are entirely made of plastic (no cloth components);
- Toys that are CLEAN
- Toys that are in WORKING ORDER and COMPLETE. No missing pieces and fresh batteries installed
- Anything made of cloth or fabric (including stuffed animals)
- Sand boxes
- Car Seats
- Bouncy Play Seats
- Board Games
- Broken or unusable toys
- Fast food premiums (like McDonald’s happy meal prizes)
- Toys that can fit through a toilet paper role are too small and won’t be accepted
For more information on Second Chance Toys please visit http://www.secondchancetoys.org/