The Middletown Recycling Center (52 Kanes Lane) will be closed from Tuesday, June 28th through Thursday, August 11th for renovations beginning later this month. Improvements to the Middletown Recycling Center will include increasing access and efficiency to the recycling drop-off bins, improving traffic circulation, allowing room for the expansion of recyclable commodities in the future, and ensuring ADA compliance to both the Middletown Recycling Center and Administrative Building.
While the Recycling Center is closed, items can be dropped off at the Middletown Train Station recycling site (746 Orchard Street). Staff will be available for assistance at the train station recycling area Thursdays through Mondays between 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Please note that not all items will be accepted at the train station, however, the number of containers for certain recyclables, such as flattened cardboard, will be increased.
In anticipation of the closure, residents are encouraged to do the following:
- Pick up mulch. Mulch will not be available at the Recycling Center during the renovations, but delivery will still be available for a fee. Please call 732-615-2090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for scheduling.
- Drop off brush. Brush will not be accepted at the Middletown Train Station recycling drop-off site during renovations. Please plan ahead.
- Drop off any large appliances (A/C units, refrigerators, dehumidifiers, etc.) at the Recycling Center now. These items will not be accepted at the train station during renovations, however they can be picked up curbside for a fee. Please call 732-615-2090 or email email@example.com for scheduling.
What Items Will Be Accepted at the Train Station?
- Cardboard (flattened)
- Mixed Paper
- Commingled (glass, aluminum, plastic bottles)
- Temporarily accepted during Recycling Center renovations:
- Bulky/Rigid Plastics
- Electronics (only when staff is present)
What Items Will Not Be Accepted?
- Appliances (A/C Units, Refrigerators, Dehumidifiers, etc.) – these can be retrieved curbside from your home for a fee by calling 732-615-2090 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Motor Oil, Antifreeze, Cooking Oil
- Plastic Bags
- Any other items not listed in the "accepted" list
If you are looking to dispose of these items, please drop them off at the Recycling Center within the next few weeks. Please visit www.middletownnj.org/recyclingcenter for updates.