As of Wednesday, August 5th at 2:00 PM, JCP&L is reporting an outage of less than 14,000 homes. While the majority of homes still do not have power, overnight more than 30% of homes have had their power restored. Crews continue to work throughout Middletown to restore power. Middletown Public Works crews continue to clear downed trees and are standing-by to assist JCP&L once live downed power lines are safely turned off.
The Middletown Township Fire Department has been receiving numerous calls regarding carbon monoxide alarms due to portable generators. Please keep in mind carbon monoxide is life threatening and resident must adhere to the following rules when using a generator:
- Generators must be placed OUTSIDE (not in a garage/shed). Ten feet of clearance is required from any structure
- Use UL listed extension cords
- Ensure carbon monoxide alarms are functioning in all businesses/homes while using a generator
The Township will be providing a supplemental residential brush pickup due to the impacts of the tropical storm.
- Brush collection will begin Monday, August 17th. Brush must be placed curbside by 6:00 PM on Sunday August 16th.
- Township will be divided into three zones (see below). Each zone will start on August 17th and will be worked simultaneously. Once a zone is completed, the crews working in that zone will assist the other two zones.
- North of Rt. 36
- Between Rt. 36 and Rt. 35
- South of Rt. 35
- Residents may only put out brush from their own property.
- Please do not combine leaf piles, grass clippings or other non-vegetative debris with your brush.
- Logs and stumps in excess of 8 inches in diameter and 3 feet in length cannot be picked up. Please call a professional service if this is needed
- Landscapers/ Contractors are not permitted to drop off brush at the Recycling Center.
Middletown Township is opening up a cooling station for residents at the Senior Center (900 Leonardville Road) from 10:00 AM- 8:00 PM. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, residents must call 732-615-2100 before visiting the cooling station and adhere to the following:
- Masks and social distancing (6+ feet apart) are required
- Temperature check will be required at the door
- Residents will be required to sign in which will include name, address and phone number
- Residents will be monitored for symptoms while at the cooling station
- Residents will be asked if they have been tested positive for COVID-19
- Residents who are under a fourteen day quarantine will not be admitted
- Residents will be asked not to move around except to use the restroom
Staff will be cleaning bathrooms and high touch surfaces regularly. Please call 732-615-2100 with any questions.
We appreciate everyone’s patience and are grateful to the efforts of everyone working diligently to get Middletown back up and running.