As of 1:00 this afternoon, power has been restored to more than 9,000 homes across town. We are continuing to monitor remaining outages and appreciate the consistent and timely communication from JCP&L. Additional crews have been dispatched by JCP&L to Middletown to restore power to the remaining 1,300 homes. Middletown Public Works have had multiple crews working around the clock removing trees and clearing streets.
To follow are updates from various Township departments.
Please be aware of the detour areas below:
- Church St. is closed between Kings Hwy and Liberty St.
- Kings Hwy East is closed between Stillwell and Chapel Hill Rd.
- Alexander Drive has a downed pole, please drive with caution.
- Blue Jay Court has downed wires, please drive with caution.
Middletown Fire Prevention would like to remind residents of the following rules when using a generator:
- 10 feet of clearance is required from any structure
- Use UL listed extension cords
- Ensure carbon monoxide alarms are functioning in all businesses/homes while using a generator
Contact Fire Marshal Buddy Skelly at 732-615-2272 with any questions.
The Middletown Health Department has provided a list for residents to determine which foods are safe to keep during a power outage. Click HERE to evaluate each food item separately. "When in Doubt, Throw it Out!"
The following store locations are providing free ice/water to JCP&L customers who are affected by the power outage:
- Acme Market, 616 Newman Springs Road, Lincroft
- Foodtown, 426 Route 36, Port Monmouth
- Foodtown, 3 Bayshore Plaza, Atlantic Highlands