The Department of Public Works has issued a few reminders to help with curbside garbage, recycling and bulk pickups.
- Only carts provided by the Township shall be used for collection.
- Place your carts curbside the night before your scheduled pick up. (Allow 3’ of clearance around the cart.)
- All items (including cardboard) for garbage and recycling collection must be inside the cart for collection. Any items outside the cart will not be collected.
- Cardboard is considered recyclable and shall be placed in your blue recycling cart along with cans, plastic and newspapers. Recyclables should be loose inside the carts, not in plastic bags. Click HERE for additional recycling information.
- Christmas trees will be picked up during bulk collection or may be brought to the Middletown Recycling Center (52 Kanes Lane).Bulk pickup in the South Zone is on Friday, January 12th and then next bulk pickup for the North Zone is tomorrow Thursday, January 11th since it was missed due to the storm.
To view the curbside garbage, recycling and bulk collection schedule for the month of January, please click HERE.
A few reminders regarding bulk pick-up:
- You can only put out up to 4 items for each bulk pickup
- Each item should not exceed 75 pounds or about 6 feet in length. Examples of items accepted for bulk pickup include Christmas trees, couches, wood furniture, porcelain items such as toilet bowls and carpets
- Examples of items NOT accepted include appliances, electronics, construction debris, propane tanks, etc.
For additional bulk waste collection information, please click HERE.
If your garbage/recycling was not collected on your scheduled day, please call 732-615-3233 after 6pm and leave a message stating your name and address or e-mail the information to email@example.com.