Starting in January 2018, all Middletown residents will be part of the Township-Wide Garbage & Recycling Program. The new garbage and recycling carts (one of each) will be delivered to your home over the next few weeks. Cart deliveries started on Monday, November 27th and will continue through Friday, December 22nd.
Your carts will be delivered curbside, and you do not need to be home to receive them. Please note there will be an informational flyer inside your new cart regarding curbside garbage, recycling, and bulk collections. Please do not use your new carts until the Township-wide program begins on January 2nd.
The Township will be split into two zones (North & South) with the new program:
- NORTH ZONE = North of State Highway 35
- Garbage Collection on Mondays & Thursdays (there will not be collection on New Year's Day, collection beginning 1/4/18, then 1/8/18, 1/11/18...)
- Recycling Collection on alternating Wednesdays (beginning 1/3/18, then 1/17/18, 1/31/18...)
- Bulk Collection twice per month on 2nd garbage collection day [Thursdays] of the recycling collection week (beginning 1/5/18, then 1/19/18, 2/2/18...)
- SOUTH ZONE = South of State Highway 35
- Garbage Collection on Tuesdays & Fridays (beginning 1/2/18, then 1/5/18, 1/9/18...)
- Recycling Collection on alternating Wednesdays (beginning 1/10/18, then 1/24/18, 2/7/18...)
- Bulk Collection twice per month on 2nd garbage collection day [Fridays] of the recycling collection week (beginning 1/12/17, then 1/26/17, 2/9/17...)
For those who have questions regarding the new program, there will be four Public Information Sessions available for residents to attend:
- Thursday, Dec. 7 from 12-2 PM and 7-9 PM at Poricy Park (345 Oak Hill Road)
- Monday, Dec. 11 from 12-2 PM and 7-9 PM at the Middletown Arts Center (36 Church Street)
You can also call our Garbage & Recycling Program hotline at 732-615-3233 or e-mail email@example.com.