The Middletown Recreation Department is looking for quarter-time instructors to teach elementary-aged class trips at Poricy Park during the Spring and Fall seasons. Love teaching and nature? This ones for you!
Classes come for 2- or 4-hour programs on topics in Science and Colonial History. The most popular program is taking students to hunt for marine fossils on the property.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead curriculum and lessons focused on science and colonial history.
- Implement and run daily activities.
- Prepare materials needed prior to each class and/or before class begins.
- Responsible for clean up after class.
- Facilitate classroom management techniques.
- Maintain and inventory all equipment necessary for the program area.
- Assist in maintaining accurate program records.
- Actively participate in staff training, meetings, and program setups.
- Help in other program areas as needed.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Candidates should ideally have experience in teaching and an interest in the outdoors, natural sciences, or history. Will be trained in specific programs; all materials and program outlines are provided.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize and implement program activities.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
Apply on Indeed here!