Travel advisory originally published by Monmouth County
October 28, 2022
Bridge replacement activity for the week of 10/31/22 is scheduled, weather permitting, for Monday-Thursday between 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. and for Friday between 7 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.
- The traffic pattern/lane shift on Rumson Road (CR 520) from Ward Avenue to the bridge will continue.
- Flaggers may be present on Rumson Road to assist with movement of construction equipment in the road work area.
- New Jersey Natural Gas will be completing utility work related to the bridge project on Old Rumson Road separate from the Contractor. The work is expected to continue until 11/11/22.
On the Shrewsbury River
- Work activity will continue in the water south of the bridge on both sides of the river.
- The navigational channel width has been reduced from 75′to 65′. The reduction is expected to remain in effect until Fall 2023.
No bridge pile deliveries are scheduled for the week of 10/31/22.
Pile deliveries are tentatively scheduled to resume on Monday 11/7/22.
- Uniformed police will assist with traffic control during the deliveries.
- Deliveries will be scheduled between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. to avoid school drop off and pick up times. If the schedule changes based on field conditions, delivery may be after 3pm.
- For safe passage of all, the traffic delivery pattern involves temporary disruption of vehicle and pedestrian movement over the bridge and may affect traffic flow on Ocean Avenue (Route 36) in Sea Bright and Rumson Road (CR 520) in Rumson.
- During staging of the pile deliveries, the eastbound sidewalk will be closed and vehicle traffic across the bridge will be alternated in the westbound lane.
- During lifting and moving of the bridge pile to the trestle in the river, both travel lanes and sidewalks will be closed for approximately 10 minutes.
- Bridge openings for marine traffic will not be affected by the steel pile deliveries.
Additional bridge pile deliveries are anticipated every week , weather permitting, with completion estimated in mid-December. With each delivery, vehicles and pedestrians may expect temporary lane and sidewalk closures as noted above.
Please visit www.rumsonseabrightbridge.com/travel-advisory regularly for updates.
Thank you for your support and understanding during the construction phase of this important bridge replacement project.