Due to yesterday's high winds, several roads are closed due to downed trees and power lines: Navesink River Rd., Portland Rd., Park Ave., Harvey Ave. and Cooper Rd. Here is the latest update as of Tuesday, 2/26/19 at 11:30 a.m.:
- Navesink River Rd. – currently closed. One officer at the intersection of Locust Pt. by the Oceanic Bridge. No through traffic. Three poles damaged and additional primary lines damaged in the area of #852 which is between Deep Hollow and Mc Clees. Verizon and JCP&L foremen are on scene. No time estimate.
- Portland Rd. – currently closed. No officers on scene. JCP&L were on scene at the time of this report. Closed between Poplar and Hill Ln. Road has been cleared of trees for the most part but there are still a lot of power lines on ground that may be live. No time estimate.
- Park Ave. – currently closed. Two JCP&L service trucks at either end of the affected area at Marvin and East Rd. These are not crews to repair line, they are merely standing by. Davey Tree has to come out along with repair crews. No time estimate.
- Harvey Ave. – just opened. Still have to clear debris from area but road is open. Power not restored yet.
- Cooper Rd. – open but work still has to be done on trees involved in wires.
- Patterson Ln. – open.